ALL IMAGES AND TEXT COPYRIGHT 2010


Saturday, May 22, 2010

Let's Laugh (The Whole Truth)

Our church supper was over and I was asked to lead the big group in some fun, action sing-alongs. We were all enthusiastically enjoying ourselves. I couldn't help but notice the very back of the room where the oldsters were congregated, striving to join in and be as limber as the rest of us. Desiring to acknowledge and praise them for their efforts I said as my baton stopped, "Very good, very good. I especially want to thank you seniors for your great efforts - and I could hear some creaking bones in the rear end."

P.S. I was the first on to head home after the closing prayer.

(the whole truth)

My husband and I were heading for the city one early snowy morning, leaving our little country town in sweet slumber. Suddenly we found ourselves gliding uncontrollably into the steep barrow pit. We were wedged in, no visible help in sight. My husband, the driver, wanting no negative response from me, tossed me the morning paper. With his square jaw set he said,"Read and relax until help comes." By habit my eyes fell first on "Today's Chuckle" which read, "It takes a lot of nuts to hold a car together but only one to tear it apart!!!"

(the whole truth)

Oh, I've got to tell one more about my husband. We were driving to Texas and we found ourselves in eerie spaciousness - no mountains, no rivers, no stream, no moon, and which direction were we driving? I ventured we were driving East. He said we definitely were not. I then remembered we had installed a compass on the dashboard before our long trip. I peeked at it. We were going East! I said, calmly and sweetly, "Look at the compass." He looked, started shaking it emphatically, and said, "The darn thing's broken!"

My newly married daughter, the perfectionist, called me on the phone wanting my homemade turkey dressing recipe. I described in detail, but in talking about crumbling the dry slices of bread up she had to know exactly what size of crumbs. I made several attempts, but she needed it more precise. Not wanting to, but I whispered quietly, "Like when we partake of the sacrament." She next said, "But Mom, are you talking about your ward or mine?"

May 6, 2010

No comments: