ALL IMAGES AND TEXT COPYRIGHT 2010


Saturday, April 10, 2010

Pages Of Life

Rock a Bye Baby

A tiny little bundle
Wrapped up with warmth and love
So pink and soft and cuddly
As fluffy clouds above.

I touch her newborn fingers
I hold them tenderly
Each hour holds sweet contentment
Since he sent her to me.

Thank Heaven

But oh how quick these hours pass
I look again and find
My little girl in frills and lace
With baby days - behind.

Wearing mommy's high heels
A purse that weighs her down
Lipstick smeared across her face
She's on her way to town.

Looking up with eyes of blue
A sweet surprise just for mommy
And there within her dimpled hands
A precious yellow dandelion.

Thank Heaven for so many joys
She give to me - like no other
She swells my heart and makes me glad
That I became her mother.

What-ere Will Be

Now her world is growing bigger
There's just no time for childhood play
Her eyes begin to fill with dreams
Of what she'll be someday.

Oh so many things have come along
To fill her life with joys
Her friends, and clothes, the car, and school
And her best subject - boys!

She's always wondering where he's at
I see her go through her first crush
Why just to pass him in the hall
How fast her face can blush!

She has so much to say and tell
Never no never does she unwind
But when I ask her - how about some help
She hasn't got the time.

Daces, dates, and telephones
Are a big part of her life now
And I feel the pages flying fast
Reluctantly - somehow -

Ma Ma Ma - he's making eyes at me
Then Ma Ma eyes him scrutinizingly
Better put him through all the tests
For daughter dear must have the best.

Ma Ma Ma too much my heart plays tricks
Daughter dear - too fast my clock tock-ticks
Now my patience is growing thinner
I'm afraid he's going to win her
Just you wait and see ---

Ma Ma Ma too bright the moon does shine
Daughter dear, don't fall for that old line
My heads swinging
Her heart's singing
Pretty soon we'll hear bells ringing.

Mom no music
He's kissing me
He wants to marry me

Apple blossoms fill the baskets
My eyes fill with tears
Hearts are filled with gladness
And gone - some precious years -

Turn Around

While one hand bids you go dear
You've found your love I see
The other reaches out for you
To linger here with me.

But one cannot hold the pages back
As fallen leaves they fly
Too swiftly goes the seasons
Too fast they scurry by!

I see you step into your new world
So full of love - complete
And I am filled with rich contentment
And counting memories sweet.

Sunrise Sunset

For with every new beginning
There has to be goodbyes
Yet who can tell wherein one starts
Or when the other dies.

There's no beginning with a circle
And no end we'll ever find
Just as blossoms start to fall
The flower comes behind.

Continuous as sunshine
That follows April's rain
Continuous as laughter
That follows hurt or pain.

Wait

Each day we turn the page of life
We leave behind then look anew
May all the joys she's given me
Return again to you.

No comments: