ALL IMAGES AND TEXT COPYRIGHT 2010


Sunday, April 11, 2010

Andy Andy

Andy, Andy on the run
Always up before the sun
Feeds the cows -
Checks the calves
Then he's stepping on the gas
So he can be on time for class.

I hear the tractor leave the yard
It's Andy Andy workin' hard
Now to the Palladium I must go
On my way to see the Pro!
Be it rain or sleet or snow!

My shaken frame is full of fears
I hide my eyes, I clasp my ears
It's not a pretty sight to see
Those twisted limbs in front of me
Oh - how much longer must this be?

Now Andy's on that man he flopped
I watch the clock - I think it's stopped
Don't think I can take much more
Now Andy's pinned him to the floor.

I'm on my way another night
Where everything will be just right
He's standing tall and so refined
Tuxedo clad with shoes all shined
For now it's Bone Voce time!

He has no time to court a girl
Although they keep him in a whirl
But I would say that he's in luck
'Cause he must gather every buck
To make those payments on that truck.

Now reverently I'm in my place
My eyes are searching for his face
Yet I know 'twill be awhile
So I'll keep faith and wear my smile
To church on time is not his style.

I know it's wrong to feel so proud
To spread my voice so clear and loud
But I want everyone to know
As much as he is on the go
He also makes the honor roll!

Yes, Andy Andy on the run
Gives this grandma lots of fun
Never gives me time to sit
More gray hairs I must admit
But I don't care -
It's all worth it!

Love,
Grandma

February 1998

No comments: