ALL IMAGES AND TEXT COPYRIGHT 2010


Monday, April 12, 2010

We're Going!

You told me we were going those many months ago,
To get my muu muu ready and get all set -- and so

My heart has caught the rhythm of South sea island seas,
My thoughts have swayed with grassy skirts and blossoms in the breeze.

I dream about our lazy hours, warm sand pressed through our toes,
An orange moon's reflections as the water gently flows.

For you life hasn't been so sweet, you've had too much to do,
Making contacts, closing sales, and seeing some fall through.

But when things look the darkest, the best in you starts showing.
I knew that you would make it since the day you said, "We're going."

I like a man who sets his goal and always follows through.
I like a man who keeps his word, and dear -- that man is you!

Your loving wife, Orvetta

1965
Orvetta's thoughts: Written prior to our departing for Hawaii (trip won by James in his insurance selling).

No comments: