ALL IMAGES AND TEXT COPYRIGHT 2010


Monday, April 12, 2010

Down The Street From Me

There's someone living down my street who's very dear to me
And with each year that passes by, more dear she seems to be.

She's such a grateful person for just anything I do
Yet in return she wants to do her share in helping too.

She's someone I can talk to. She'll always understand
Her gentle touch can say so much as she extends her hand.

She's wise from past experiences. She's rich with memories
No wonder she inspires me. Her soul aspires by these.

Her hair has turned to silver. Her eyes -- a softer hue.
Her hands are worn from service. Her heart's more mellowed too.

Her home has grown more quiet now from what it used to be
But there's a warmth within it's walls, and love -- humility.

And I feel the sweetest spirit as I step inside the door
I know that God must dwell there and on her -- blessings pour.

May God help me to live my life that I may someday be
Like that gracious gray haired lady, just down the street from me.

No comments: