ALL IMAGES AND TEXT COPYRIGHT 2010


Monday, April 12, 2010

Searching

As silent shadows slowly sink and close another day
My heart remains as heavy still since he went away

I reach and grope and try to find the beauty we once knew
The loveliness must still remain but clouded is my view

My ears are deaf to thrilling tones of earth and symphony
I'm smothered in my loneliness for all's been robbed from me

For all I cherished, all I loved has fled from my life's story
And left it drab and colorless -- drained from all it's glory

Gone -- is such final word -- my wounded spirit cries --
There is no way to heal this hurt -- my soul in mystery lies --

The threatening storm clouds cover me -- too much for me to bear
My world has crumbled -- all is lost -- for you're no longer there!

January 27, 1979

No comments: