ALL IMAGES AND TEXT COPYRIGHT 2010


Monday, April 12, 2010

Things My Mother Taught Me

Have you ever looked at that left over cake, dry and crumbly as powdery snow
And wondered how you could disguise it so your family would never know?
Well, I cooked a package of pudding mix and dropped little hard morsels in it
But it still wasn't hid so I grabbed one more box and said I'll have this all done in a minute.
Oh dear, I guess I'll add some pineapple, now that would moisten it up!
So I did, but found it still lacking - well - maybe some coconut.
So I looked through the cupboards, I searched high and low but there was none to be found
But that's just what it needed to finish it off so I hurried and dashed into town.
Well I stood back and looked at my unique creation, so proud of my thrift saving skills
But my big bubble bust and left me aghast when I totaled up all of those bills!

(The old adage, "Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without," sometimes it PAYS to throw it out)

No comments: