ALL IMAGES AND TEXT COPYRIGHT 2010


Friday, April 16, 2010

Mothers

I'm happy to be here.

Today I would like to share with you some of the thoughts that have been coming to me lately.

I was pondering - meditating - over my life and I asked myself this question, "Why do you think you are active in the church today? How did you grow to love the gospel?"

And I came up with this sure answer:

My mother, who loved the Lord herself and I watched her and listened to her, and began my first simple prayers to my Heavenly Father - believing. My mother would sit down and tell me, and my brothers and sisters, of some special spiritual experiences she would have and I could see the light and joy in her eyes as I listened and again believed. She took time to show me the first bloomed rose - letting me know this world is beautiful and God created it to be so - for us.

I would like you today, to think of your mother and the sweet memories you have.

All mothers, yes all mothers, leave their influence upon us. Our mothers instilled in each of us lessons in life, warmth and love. We may recall homemaking, teaching a special recipe we use of mother's - a special tradition. And I feel that we grow into these later years there is something that draws us even closer to our mother.

We came through the years in a period of family closeness, didn't we? We were blessed - we all sat around the table for our meals at the same time. On occasion if one should be missing, the empty chair filled us with a little emptiness. We studied around the same table, we knew of each others interests and feelings in a much more intimate way than ever today. We were blessed.

Life today toakes on a fast pace - a hurrying and scurrying where we cannot know our family members so well.

No comments: