ALL IMAGES AND TEXT COPYRIGHT 2010


Monday, April 12, 2010

I Found You

The world is full of people
Countless, scores and scores
Peppered on the highways
The sidewalks, lakes and shores.

Going to the churches,
The schools, the campus grounds
Rushing in the cities
They're there, in quiet towns.

Yet, in this mass of people
How lonely one can feel
While he is seeking for his dream
His purpose to fulfill.

I've searched among these faces
For I have always known
That somewhere in this vastness
Was one for me -- alone.

I've thought as lovers passed me by
How lucky they must be
If only I could find the one
That God has planned for me.

And then one day I found you
I found you -- standing there
The one that I'd been looking for
The one whose life I'll share.

You're mine to hold forever
My world has just begun
You're mine to cherish always
For now -- we two are one.

Now little things have meaning
A smile, a gentle touch
The words you say and how they're said
Have come to mean so much.

The goldenness of Autumn
Will grown more golden still
For life is rich with meaning
Beautiful -- and real.

When winter drops her snowflakes
Or budding spring bursts through
It all will seem more lovely now
Because I'll be with you.

The world is full of people
But only one for me
To have, to hold, to cherish
Through all eternity.

No comments: