ALL IMAGES AND TEXT COPYRIGHT 2010


Monday, April 12, 2010

The Whole Truth

There's something that is bothering me
I don't know what to do
I used to be a super cook
But now I guess I'm through

For years I've kept those recipes
Deep in my kitchen drawers
My hand could find them in the dark
From soups to chocolate bars

But the day did come, the drawer got so packed
I began to realize -
That bottom drawer could hold no more
So time to organize

The computer rolled them out for me,
The breads, the cakes, the sweets
The pages all in order
Everything so neat!

No I am in a tizzy!
They once were marked just so,
The one scribbled from my daughter
Where did that one go?

And where's that card so chocolate smudged?
I could stir up in a hurry
Oh which of all these could it be?
It's causing me such a worry!

Oh how I wish I could go back
To the way it was before
'Cause I am SO disorganized
Since I organized that drawer!!

August 18, 2003

No comments: