ALL IMAGES AND TEXT COPYRIGHT 2010


Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pumpkin Pie

Sam was hungry for a pumpkin pie
So I said that I would bake one.
One big can makes two big pies
So to John and Joan I'll take some.

I looked upon these steaming pies
And figured I'd better decide
Who gets this much, who gets what
How shall I divide?

There's five for John and four for Joan
And Sam can still have plenty
But wait until you hear this out
Cause he did not get any.

Before it got delivered
I heard someone say
That Nate and Erika decided
That they'd arrive today.

Now seven for John and four for Joan
Now how much will remain
Oh dear the thought has struck me
I must deliver down the lane.

A funeral now has been announced
One pie I'd better take
This would be the thing to give
No need to bake a cake.

Oh dear now what should I do
I've promised John and Joan and Sam
So I have got to follow through
I'll do the best I can.

So the pie for seven will go to John
I'm trying so hard to please
I'll bake the frozen one for Sam and Joan
They got the Sarah Lee's.

January 25, 2001

No comments: