ALL IMAGES AND TEXT COPYRIGHT 2010


Friday, April 16, 2010

To A Spider In The Bowl

I can see you spinning round and round
Caught within your snare
Helpless creature that you are
Struggling in your prison there.

Your efforts are so futile
They'll endlessly go on
Yet you are weak and know not --
That your strength will soon be gone.

And mighty giant that I am
Just the merest puff of breath
Could give you back your freedom
And save you from this death.

And as I tower above you
Your fate within my hands
I recognize your nothingness
Controlled by my commands.

So plead with me - beg of me
That I might mercy give
For my very slightest gesture
Could let you die -- or live.

And as the shadows of the day
Moved across my room
I viewed again this tiny dot
In coiled, conceded doom.

I pondered as I stood there --
My head bowed shamefully
Compassion crept into my heart
My soul began to see --

As my thoughts began to soar and rise
To Him who dwells above
I felt His greatness over me
I pleaded for His love.

How small and insignificant
I felt within His power
The sorrow -- and humility
I knew within this hour.

Oh helpless creature that I am
I fall on bended knee
And God in all His mercy
Looked down and smiled on me!

Orvetta's thoughts: For when men get too much power, and too much pride in the heart, they are unknowingly in dire need of a humbling experience to make them humble again and fit for God.

No comments: