ALL IMAGES AND TEXT COPYRIGHT 2010


Sunday, April 11, 2010

Christmas 1988

Dear Family and Friends,

How happy I am to see December snows softly cover their whiteness about me. Why? Because their silence whispers that it's that time of year again when bells chime through frosty air, carolers sing of our Savior's birth, and the fireplace beckons me to bask in it's warmth and dreamily draw you close in my thoughts. It is the love season! And now that cozy, comfortable feeling envelops me as my love expands and I realize again that you, my precious family, and you, my cherished friends, and you, my new husband are the reason my life glows with color and glories in each measured moment.

This past year has brought BIG CHANGES in my life! It began December 29, 1987 when I changed my name to Orvetta Groom. I turned suddenly into a St. George snowbird, nesting 60% of my 1988 days in a comfy mobile home. I kissed the big heavy everyday living goodbye for a spell. The sewing machine, the big blue canner, garden spot, most of my grandchildren and my two story home remained in Delta. The key to my home lays quietly in my purse, but becomes somewhat anxious to unlock my memories there. And it gets it's way 40% of my happy year.

Sam, my new spouse, is a fine spiritual man. He is a five year convert to my beautiful LDS religion. I love his dedication. I love him. We love our calling in the temple. He gives so much to our new marriage. His top priority is to make me happy. I ask. He says, "Yes." Last July he took me to Historical Nauvoo and we wandered nostalgically through his early habitat of Kansas City, MO, on to St. Louis and other parts which awakened again for him so many past remembrances. He searched out different cemeteries for five special graves there and placed lovingly there, soft roses, fragrant flowers. That's my Sam! He has added to my family of seven children and twenty-five grandchildren, his daughter, four step children and five step-grandchildren. We are anxious to see the latest, "Clark" Alves in St. Johns, Arizona (born October 5, 1988).

Now another BIG CHANGE, I turned into a GREAT grandmother on November 23, 1988. Little "Jessica" also turned my daughter, Kathleen, and husband, Allan, into Grandpa and Grandma Edwards. Brian survived. Jill fits into her new motherly role wonderfully well. Steve and Melanie brought my total to twenty-five when Stephen Alexander arrived on their fifth wedding anniversary, June 24, 1988 (their third).

Every, every grandchild is extraordinarily precious to me. How I do love all of my children. And Sam's new family is very precious to me. They are so easy to love. What blessings!

Now in my pausing - in my reliving again this past year, I must reverently close my eyes and offer praise and appreciation to the Giver of this all! And my prayer is that you too, will have cause for rejoicing and peacefulness in your heart as is in mine!

Love,
Orvetta - Mom, Grandma, and Great Grandmother
Sam sends his love

December 13, 1988

No comments: