ALL IMAGES AND TEXT COPYRIGHT 2010


Friday, April 9, 2010

Christmas Of 2004

It's Christmas - and just as the falling snow flakes are too numerous to count, so are my blessings - the cozy warmth of my home and the cozy warmth of my heart whispers peace and goodwill to all! Life is good! I joy in the love of my family. Take a peek at our 2004 year!

1. Quarterly get together with my sons, daughters, and spouses. Just us! Such fun! My children started this when I lost Sam on Sept. 27, 2002.

2. Big Summer "T" party, held annually for all of the posterity of James & Orvetta. It now totals to 93!

3. Another missionary out in the field. Elder Jeff Edwards in Paris, France!

4. October 25th brought us sudden sorrow as we lost Gary, my Nephew, who has lived always just a few miles south of me. He was such a kind and appreciative person. I miss him and think of him often.

5. Thanksgiving dinners - so precious as we meet and count our blessings and eat pies for several days hence.

6. Wedding on December 2nd in the Salt Lake Temple. Heather & Michael Swope! Beautiful occasion.

7. 2004 has brought us four precious little bundles from heaven. Kayli Danielle (Greg & LaDawn) Gavin Zachary (David & Elizabeth) Samantha Rose (Darrin & Teresa) Kyle Wade (Nate & Erika) and now my Great Grandchildren total to 38!

8. Oh there are so many more blessings too numerous to name but carefully tucked in my heart!

And as for me
I start my day with my early swim,
I sing in the "Blue Notes"
I prepare the Ward's hymns,
Right now I'm creating our Ward Choir to sing the story of Christmas and caroling
And one night of each week our ten pieced band may play in the Park, the Care Center, or "Sands"
I'm on the "Sax" with the other nine
We "Jazz" and we "Swing" and we have a good time!
have to say I don't cook like I used to do
And with my graying hair I look older too
But I'd add more hours to each day if I could
For there's so much to do and "Life Is So Good"

No comments: