ALL IMAGES AND TEXT COPYRIGHT 2010


Saturday, April 10, 2010

Right In The Middle

Dear Ward Members,

As once again our year rolls around to another ward conference, I'm sure we are counting our blessings for the privilege of holding membership in this great church. I feel certain at this time, out hearts are turned toward helping others to learn of our Gospel and the happiness it can bring.

Last night my family and I were enjoying one of those special summer evenings to the fullest. The cooling evening breeze together with the flowering fragrances and spacious starry skies gave the perfect setting for drawing us together in wonderment and appreciations. I felt the spirit of God's love spread over us.

We were in one happy circle on the lawn, joined together in family games and song from the very youngest on through to grandma -- all sharing and participating -- each feeling individually loved and welcomed.

I glanced back over my shoulder where one little child had wandered into a little toy wagon. For some time he lay quietly, listening and thinking of our night. I stepped over and covered him with m sweater and rejoined our family activities. In a pause of silence his little voice reached out to us as he said, "Let me in your circle, and right in the middle." I scooped him into my arms and there we were now -- all together -- as one! Now how good and complete it felt!

And then I pondered - how man people are on the outside looking in, seeing the glow of warmth & love spread about us and longing to be drawn in.

Then my thoughts carried me to the awareness that first of all we must so live our lives that one would want to join -- that we must within ourselves love life and it's goodness that God placed here for us. Oh may we have true compassion, purity of heart, a zest for living, a grateful heart and thus the true spirit of Christ.

Oh yes, I feel that we first must be whole heartedly converted ourselves before others can see our light! Then, I pray, that we may ever be ready and guided to glance over our shoulder and be receptive to that voice -- like the little boy in the wagon who said, "Let me come into your circle -- and right in the middle."

January 13, 2001
Orvetta's thoughts (written on a post it): Look under after reading the page -
(under the post it): The little tiny boy lying in the wagon was Nathan Nickle.


No comments: