ALL IMAGES AND TEXT COPYRIGHT 2010


Friday, April 9, 2010

Mother's Day Program

It's a pleasure for me to express appreciation to my mother this morning.

I feel that I owe much of my life's patterns to her.

From my earliest beginning, Mother showed me a life of beauty, and love, and a natural understanding of God who is the creator of all the beauty around us.

And how deeply rooted our early impressions are.

Yet through my maturing years I was never forced nor dominated by her belief. I am sure that I must have caused her many anxious moments through my faltering year. Yet my mother was always quiet, gentle. Her silence indicated her trust and faith she had in me. She gave me the opportunity to walk my own path and make my own decisions.

Given at a Mother's Day Program, 1970

No comments: