ALL IMAGES AND TEXT COPYRIGHT 2010


Saturday, April 10, 2010

Dear Eleanor

Dear Eleanor,

Through these past years I feel I have been privileged greatly for having had you as the teacher of four of my children.

Each has been touched and inspired for having known you. Each has his own special memories and experiences - but all have been for the better.

The oldest to the youngest has expressed your indelible imprint to me. Off hand I can think of some of their statements to me, such as:

"She wouldn't accept mediocre work."
"It's there I really learned to love music."
"She is always enthusiastic."
"She works hard - she plays hard."
"She aroused a desire in me to always want to know more."
"She is pretty - every day."
"You don't get away with anything."
"I was always anxious to go to school - even when I could have been a little sick."
"She was strict, but that's what we like."

To me a teacher has one of the greatest challenges and responsibilities ever. No one can measure his or her goodness and influence upon humanity and our society.

Please accept my humble thanks.

Your friend,
Mrs. Nickle

No comments: