ALL IMAGES AND TEXT COPYRIGHT 2010


Saturday, April 10, 2010

Matthew Aaron Edwards

Dear Mother, Dad, & Family,

I have watched with longing patience
From this pre-earth life view
Wondering when my time would come
To be sent down to you.

I pleaded with my Father,
"They need me there on earth
To complete our family circle,
Could I experience birth?"

You see, I know you Mother
And I knew that you
Would be glad of heart and willing
To suffer for me too.

And even though your waiting hands
Would cuddle me - so sweet
You would let go - because you'd know
My mission was complete.

And Dad, I know the joys we'd have
As father and his son
How proud I am to see you bow
And say, "Thy will be done."

So God in all His wisdom
His graciousness and love
Has let me touch my footprints there
Then called me up above.

And now my place has been secured
I have my earthly home
Among my brothers, sister too
No longer, left alone.

And just as brief as my time there
So brief again 'twill be
Until we're joined together
Through all eternity.

You son,
Matthew Aaron Edwards

Earth life arrival
September 26, 1986

No comments: