ALL IMAGES AND TEXT COPYRIGHT 2010


Thursday, April 8, 2010

Song for Visiting Teachers

To the tune of "Whatever Will Be--"

I've had an awful time this year -- getting my partner to get on the ball. Her lame excuses you ought to hear -- just listen to this call.

I can't go today, I've got such an aching head. I really should be in bed. Call another day, when it's gone away.

Next week I got her on the line -- what poor excuse would she give me this time. It won't surprise me what she will tell -- I know them all so well.

I can't go today, my canning's piled up on me. It's all over ripe you see. Call another day, when it's put away.

So I count to ten, hang up the phone. Why won't they let me do it alone. We never get our hundred percent, waiting for her consent.

I can't go today my grandkids are here to play. I don't know how long they'll stay. Call another day, when they've gone away.

I know I must turn the other cheek, turn it again when I call her next week. Will it be headache, peaches, or pain. Will it be sleet or rain.

I can't go today, It's going to snow I'm told. The weather looks gray & cold. Call another day, when it's bright and gay.

I hope and pray my president, next year will give me a new resident. All of my patience I realize can't outlast her alibis.

I can't go today, I really would like to go. My husband says, "No, no, no." Got to get away -- fishing starts today.

Then one day my phone began to ring -- it was my partner, what does this mean. "I can't go teaching," she said with a sigh. Then this was my reply.

I can't go today it matters not anyhow. The deadline has passed us now. Call another day. Thank you anyway!

Orvetta's Notes: "Song can be illustrated in different ways, such as singers can divide and some take the part of the other partner answering -- about 3 on each side. Or singers can stand together and sing it."

No comments: