ALL IMAGES AND TEXT COPYRIGHT 2010


Friday, April 9, 2010

To Annette

As I see you here before me, all arrayed in white
I visualize the path you've walked, to this your wedding night.
You set your goals and you've worked for them, from the early years of your youth
Your aim has been high as you've searched for the beautiful light and truth.
For you have been looking for someone with the same ideals as you,
Someone who'd want you forever, who saw life the way that you do.
I know this hasn't been easy, there have been stumbling blocks all around.
But your steps have been sure and steadfast,
And your happiness -- you have found.
And now as I see the stars in your eyes, your heart so full of emotion,
One thrilling thought envelops me, time will bring deeper devotion.
Your foot steps shall know the same rhythm in this new life you've begun,
Your ears shall hear the same music, your thoughts will unite as one.
No --- happiness doesn't just fall on all, as rain from heaven pours.
It comes to those who deserve it, it will be eternally yours.

No comments: