ALL IMAGES AND TEXT COPYRIGHT 2010


Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Record

If my eyes are closed when there's trouble about
If I don't hear the sobs of the lonely
If I can't feel in me others heartache and pain
And my thoughts turn inside to me only
If I don't care about others -- how sad!

And 'though I attend my church meetings each week
And say "Yes" to my Bishop when needed
And 'though I always get my one hundred percent
And make sure that each task is completed
If I'm thoughtless of others - how sad!

If I can't overlook and easily accept the weakness
That's there in my brother
If I can't see the mote that is caught in my eye,
Yet see all the bad in another
Again, I must say - how sad!

And when that time comes that my record unfolds
And reveals in a flash all of me
'Though great statistics are there, if my good deeds page is bare
What a waste my earth life would be!
And alas! I shall know, how sad!

No comments: