ALL IMAGES AND TEXT COPYRIGHT 2010


Thursday, April 8, 2010

Dear Laurel

Dear Laurel,

As I watch winter snows yield to spring time,
And the gray giving way to the blue,
I realize how quickly time passes,
Too soon our year will be through.

I thumb through the leaves of my manual
The thoughts printed there are so dear
Yet, what have you gleaned as I passed them to you?
What message has touched you this year?

As your teacher, a prayer lies deep in my heart
That I may impart to you
The beauty and joy our Gospel brings
That I may do what He called me to do.

That your foot steps may walk in His direction
That your eyes may be open to see
You are someone special to God up above
And you're someone special to me.

With love,
Sister Nickle

Orvetta's notes: "On the afternoon of February 2nd, I sat down to prepare my lesson for the Laurels. I began thumbing through my manual, loving the thoughts placed there by inspiration from our General M.I.A. Board. I wondered just what had touched my girls, what had I done as the connecting link from their works to the laurels in my class.

The day was a mixture of winter time & spring time. The view through my window was telling me how quickly one season follows after another, how quickly time leaves us. How precious is an hour, a moment.

Thus, the above lines came from these thoughts."

Delta, Utah
February 2, 1971

No comments: